Parking & Directions
As part of the CityArchRiver2015 project celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Gateway Arch, road construction is currently taking place around the major arteries of the Arch grounds and the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial. We will continually update the closure and detour information to ensure our guests are able to visit throughout the construction period.
Please plan to allow extra time to get through construction areas. See detour directions below for the most up-to-date street closure and construction information.
Click here for this weekend’s specific detour directions.
Coming by Car?
Click here for detour information and directions to the Arch Parking Garage!
Coming by Bus?
Click here for detour information and directions to Bus Drop Off & Parking!
Coming by Foot?
Click here for pedestrian information on how to get to the Gateway Arch!
- Leonor K Sullivan Blvd from Chouteau to the middle of the Grand Staircase below the Arch will be closed through late Fall 2014 (Phase 1).
- Walnut Street: Opens to TWO WAY traffic from Memorial Drive to 8th street.
- Memorial Drive Exit closed from Poplar Street Bridge – Permanent
- Memorial NORTHBOUND: Closed between Walnut and Washington Ave. – Permanent
- Memorial SOUTHBOUND: Closed between Chestnut and Market. – Permanent
- Traffic Pattern Shift: Southbound Memorial Drive is now northbound between Chestnut & Pine AND between Walnut and Market. - Permanent
- Market, Chestnut, and Pine Streets: Bridges over I-44 closed between north and southbound Memorial. – Permanent
- Now Open: Exit 292 to access Gateway Arch Parking Garage from Interstate 44 East depressed lanes.
These routes may change due to unscheduled street closures or roadwork. To see a list of current closures, please visit:
For additional information or assistance, please contact our call center at 877-982-1410.
Click here for a downloadable map featuring biking, driving, and walking directions during construction.
Arriving By Public Transportation:
If you prefer public transportation, the trip to the Gateway Arch is quick and easy. Take the MetroLink to the Arch-Laclede’s Landing Station! From there, it’s a short 5-minute walk - just follow signs to the Arch. For additional information/questions please email email@example.com.