Happy 105th Birthday to the National Park Service!
On Wednesday, August 25, the National Park Service is celebrating its 105th birthday! In honor of this exciting milestone, entrance fees will be waived at all National Park Service sites across the United States. At Gateway Arch National Park, the $3 entrance fee, included in each adult Tram Ride to the Top and adult Documentary Movie ticket, is waived. Tram ride tickets sell out early and often and can be purchased online at gatewayarch.com.
To help visitors make the most of their day at the Arch, we’ve put together a Fee-Free Day itinerary:
- Arrive at the park early to get your steps in by walking the trails – plus, you’ll get to see St. Louis’ 630-foot masterpiece from every angle.
- Head inside the Arch with your pre-purchased tickets for the Documentary Movie and a Tram Ride to the Top.
- Meander the museum, which was recently renovated with the new main entrance and lobby.
- Watch the Documentary Movie, then head to the tram lobby to start your journey to the top of the Arch.
- Take in the views of our beautiful city from waaaaaaaaaay up in the air – and don’t forget to snap a picture or two!
- Stop by the Arch Store on your way out for a souvenir to commemorate the best day ever.
- Have lunch at the Arch Café or the Paddlewheel Café, St. Louis’ only waterfront dining destination, located on the riverfront directly below the Arch.
- Hop aboard the Riverboats at the Gateway Arch for a Ranger-led Riverboat Cruise, offered daily. Find cruise times and purchase tickets here.
- Head home, reminiscing about your magical day at Gateway Arch National Park – and make a mental note to visit again soon 😊