Summer in the Lou Bucket List
The weather is heating up and so is our “2019 Summer in the Lou Bucket List!” Make this summer one to remember by checking each of these must-do STL activities off your list. Happy summer, STL!
- Take advantage of summer hours at the Gateway Arch and take a Tram Ride to the Top at night for the best view of St. Louis – twinkling downtown lights and all. Tickets often sell out, so order yours online ahead of time!
- Cool down with frozen custard from Ted Drewes. Our personal fave is the Cardinal Sin!
Photo Credit: Ted Drewes
- Sway to the tunes at Blues at the Arch on Fridays in August – named “Best Way to Celebrate St. Louis” by the Riverfront Times!
- Root, root, root for the redbirds at a Cardinals Game.
- Learn about your “spirit animal” at the Louis Zoo.
- Celebrate “America’s Biggest Birthday Party” under the Gateway Arch at Fair Saint Louis, July 4, 5 and 6.
Photo Credit: Fair Saint Louis
- Experience the thrill of flight with TrapezeSTL and The Circus Harmony Experience.
- Celebrate love at STL PrideFest and the Grand Pride Parade, June 29 and 30.
- Feeling theatrical? Catch a show during The Muny’s 101st season in beautiful Forest Park.
- Commemorate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing with stargazing on the Arch grounds and learn about the past, present and future of human space exploration at Gateway to the Stars.
- Taco ‘bout a good time. Salsa on down to the Louis Taco Festival at Ballpark Village.
- Travel back in time by visiting the brand new Pompeii: The Exhibition at the Science Center.
- Rock out at Whitaker Music Festival at the Missouri Botanical Garden every Wednesday throughout the summer. Don’t forget to bring your own blanket, chairs and picnic basket of goodies!
Photo Credit: Missouri Botanical Garden