National Park Week at Gateway Arch National Park
The National Park Service invites you to celebrate America’s treasures during National Park Week, April 20-28, 2019. As always at Gateway Arch National Park, visitors can take a Tram Ride to the Top of the Arch, watch the award-winning documentary Monument to the Dream, visit the Old Courthouse and explore the newly renovated park grounds.
Gateway Arch National Park also hosts these events during National Park Week:
FEE-FREE DAY: Saturday, April 20
- At Gateway Arch National Park, the $3 entrance fee included in each adult Tram Ride to the Top ticket and adult Documentary Movie ticket will be waived.
JUNIOR RANGER DAY: Saturday, April 20; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Kids ages 5-15 learn how to protect and preserve our national parks for future generations during Junior Ranger Day.
EARTH DAY: Monday, April 22; 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Help keep Gateway Arch National Park beautiful this Earth Day! Lend a hand and help park rangers and the Gateway Arch Park Foundation tidy up the Arch grounds with a park clean-up and gardening event. Register at archpark.org/volunteer.
B.A.R.K. RANGER DAY: Saturday, April 27; 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- National parks are exciting places for pets, too! Your pet can become a B.A.R.K. Ranger and serve as an ambassador for responsible and safe pet handling at Gateway Arch National Park. B.A.R.K. stands for: bag your pet’s waste, always wear a leash, respect wildlife and know where you can go.
PARK RX DAY: Sunday, April 28; 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Visitors are invited to Luther Ely Smith Square for Park Rx (prescriptions) Day, a nationwide initiative that encourages everyone to see visits to parks and public lands as very important to human health.
Gateway Arch Visitor Reminders
- Visitors to the Arch must enter the monument at the new glass west entrance, which faces the Old Courthouse. The Arch legs are exits only. Entrance to the Arch Visitor Center and the Museum at the Gateway Arch is free.
- Gateway Arch National Park does not have designated on-site visitor parking. A list of preferred parking locations near the park can be found at http://getaroundstl.com. Metered street parking is also available around the park.
- The Tram Ride to the Top of the Arch sells out early and often. It is strongly encouraged to purchase your tram ride tickets in advance at gatewayarch.com/buytickets. Please plan to arrive at least 30 minutes ahead of your scheduled tram time. For more information, visit nps.gov/jeff or gatewayarch.com, or call 877-982-1410.