Public Invited to Meet Builders of the Gateway Arch
ST. LOUIS—On Saturday, October 26, the National Park Service will host its annual Arch Builders’ Reunion to honor the many engineers, tradesmen and support staff who contributed to the construction of the Gateway Arch from 1963 to 1965.
At the event, the builders will share memories, private memorabilia and photographs with attendees, and sign autographs. The gathering is free and open to the public, and will be held in the Arch’s tram lobby from 10:00 a.m. to noon.
The reunion celebrates the 54th anniversary of the completion of the monument, which occurred on October 28, 1965.
“The Gateway Arch is one of our country’s most beloved architectural marvels,” said Erin Hilligoss-Volkmann, Director of Education at Gateway Arch National Park. “We invite members of our community and out-of-town guests to this annual gathering, where they’ll meet history – those who made this incredible engineering feat possible.”
Gateway Arch Visitor Reminders
Visitors to the Arch must enter the monument at the new glass west entrance, which faces the Old Courthouse. The Arch legs are exits only. Entrance to the Arch Visitor Center and the Museum at the Gateway Arch is free.
Gateway Arch National Park does not have designated on-site visitor parking. A list of parking locations near the park can be found at http://getaroundstl.com. Metered street parking is also available around the park.
The Tram Ride to the Top of the Arch sells out early and often. Visitors are strongly encouraged to purchase tram ride tickets in advance at gatewayarch.com/buytickets. Please plan to arrive at least 30 minutes ahead of your scheduled tram time. For more information, visit nps.gov/jeff or gatewayarch.com, or call 877-982-1410.