Savoring the Rest of Summer in STL
Summer days are winding down, but the fun never stops! From music to stargazing and food to fast cars, you’ll find something for everyone to enjoy these last few weeks of summer.
Marvel at the Moon
Gateway to the Stars: 50 Years Since Apollo | August 17
- Gateway Arch National Park continues the 10th season of its successful Gateway to the Stars program with a special presentation highlighting the 50-year anniversary of the moon landing as well as a telescope viewing of the moon and planets.
[Photo Credit: National Park Service]
Sip n Slide Over the City
City Nights at City
Museum | August 8 & 15
- Who says slides and Ferris wheels are for kids? Listen to live music while enjoying delicious food and great cocktails with the most unique view in town. This event is 21+.
Boogie to Some Blues Music
Blues at the Arch | August 9, 16, 23 & 30
- Named “Best Way to Celebrate St. Louis” by the Riverfront Times, this partnership between the Gateway Arch Park Foundation, the National Blues Museum, and the National Park Service brings renowned blues artists to the Arch grounds for free concerts in August. Get your boogie on in the North Gateway by Laclede’s Landing.
[Photo Credit: Gateway Arch Park Foundation]
Grab Some Grub
St. Louis World’s Fare Heritage Festival | August 16 – 18
- In celebration of St. Louis’ 1904 World’s Fair, head to its namesake pavilion in Forest Park for local eats, mixology demonstrations, live music, and a Ferris wheel.
Fuel Your Need for Speed
Bommarito Automotive 500 IndyCar Series | August 23 – 24
- The Bommarito Automotive Group 500 IndyCar Race is coming to the World Wide Technology Raceway. The combination of two races – the Bommarito Automotive Group 500 and the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East-West – on the same track on the same day is a race-lover’s dream.
[Photo Credit: World Wide Technology Raceway]
Indulge Your International Interests
Festival of Nations | August 24-25
- Make your way to Tower Grove Park for the International Institute’s Festival of Nations – our region’s largest multicultural celebration! It features more than 40 food booths, dance, music, and arts and crafts. Get your holiday shopping wrapped up early this year at an international bazaar with unique gifts from around the world.
Catch a Concert
- Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre
- August 10: KSHE Pig Roast: Slash, Ratt, Blue Oyster Cult, April Wine & Shooting Star
- August 17: Luke Bryan, Cole Swindell & Jon Langston
- August 18: Slipknot, Volbeat, Gojira & Behemoth
- August 24: Jason Aldean & Kane Brown
- August 28: Meek Mill & Future
- August 31: WayBack Pointfest: Collective Soul, Living Colour, The Urge & Goldfinger
- Enterprise Center
- September 3: John Mayer
- September 6: Backstreet Boys
- September 13: Thomas Rhett with Dustin Lynch, Russell Dickerson and Rhett Akins
- September 14: Jonas Brothers with Bebe Rexha and Jordan McGraw
[Photo Credit: Enterprise Center]