Now that vacation season is upon us, check out this list of some of our favorite “staycation” things to do in the Lou that won’t break the bank!
Does your kiddo love to hang out with furry friends? Check out one of these places that allows them to get up close and personal with some cute and crazy critters:
- Saint Louis Zoo, Grant’s Farm, Purina Farms, Suson Park, and Butterfly House.
School’s out for summer, which means energy levels are through the roof! Take your little ones to a spot with so much activity and excitement, it’s sure to wear them out:
- Gateway Arch National Park, The Magic House, Saint Louis Science Center, City Museum, Six Flags, Pole Position Raceway, Go Ape! Zipline, Adventure Valley Zipline, Swing Around Fun Town, Bounce U, Monkey Joe’s, Sports Fusion, Sky Zone, Epic 6, and Flying Spider.
Is the forecast predicting a beautiful weekend? Then it’s time to pack up to soak up the sun and enjoy the fresh air at one of these outdoor attractions:
- Kiener Plaza, Eckert’s Farm, Missouri Botanical Garden, and Children’s Garden at Missouri Botanical Garden.
Whether you’re in the mood for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert, STL has got you covered. Visit one of these area favorites to nosh on some delicious eats:
- The Shack, Farmhaus Restaurant, Tony’s, Eleven Eleven Mississippi, Pappy’s Smokehouse, Imo’s Pizza, Crown Candy Kitchen, Ted Drewes, and anywhere on The Hill.
Need a drink? There are dozens of great places to enjoy a glass of whatever you love to sip on throughout the region:
- Breweries: Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Urban Chestnut’s Midtown Brewery & Biergarten or Grove Brewery & Bierhall, 4 Hands Brewing Company, Square One Brewery & Distillery, Morgan Street Brewery, and Schlafly Bottleworks and Tap Room
- Wineries: Augusta Winery, Montelle Winery, Cedar Lake Cellars, Chandler Hill Vineyards, and Chaumette Vineyards and Winery.
In the mood to get your groove on? Head to one of these rockin’ spots to hear some great, live music:
- Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, Chesterfield Amphitheatre, Peabody Opera House, The Pageant, Blueberry Hill, and Broadway Oyster Bar.
Did we finally get some nice weather? Get outdoors and explore:
- Missouri Botanical Gardens, Forest Park, Meramec Caverns, Gateway Arch National Park, Kiener Plaza, Castlewood Park, and Cliff Cave County Park.