Winterfest at the Arch
Winterfest at the Arch is back! And it’s bigger and better than ever.
The Gateway Arch Park Foundation and St. Louis Blues have teamed up (dream team, am I right?!) to bring an ice rink – made with real ice – to Kiener Plaza in downtown St. Louis. Winterfest at the Arch presented by Centene will officially kick off November 18 in the new Kiener Plaza, part of the historic renovations nearing completion at the Gateway Arch park grounds and surrounding areas.
Not only does Winterfest include the uniquely memorable experience of ice skating in the shadow of the Gateway Arch, but other highlights of the festival include:
- Saturday, November 18 – Opening night celebration with the Ameren Missouri Festival of Lights, including the return of the Salvation Army Tree of Lights back to its historic home in Kiener Plaza, as well as a fireworks finale. The ice rink opens at 2 p.m., while the Festival of Lights begins at 3 p.m.
- Thursday, November 30 – One Nation night with the St. Louis Blues and St. Louis Cardinals. This don’t-miss event will include alumni appearances, our city’s favorite mascots Louie and Fredbird, and special prizes and giveaways.
- Saturday, December 2 – St. Louis Blues Holiday Toy Drive and Viewing Party at Winterfest presented by FOX Sports Midwest. Fans can watch the Blues at Minnesota Wild game on a large outdoor screen in Kiener Plaza and donate new, unwrapped toys to the Blues holiday toy drive.
- November 18 – January 1 – Public skating every Thursday through Sunday, 2 to 9 p.m., and daily from December 21 through January 1. The rink will be open Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day (check www.archwinterfest.com for a detailed schedule).
- Extended programming such as the St. Louis Blues Try Hockey for Free clinic, Little Blues – Learn to Play Program, Winterfest 3-on-3 Hockey Classic, and the Street Blues – Street Hockey Tournament. (Dates and additional details for each of these programs are available at www.archwinterfest.com)
- Private rentals of the ice rink for groups of 100 or more.
- And much more!
We can’t wait to see you at Winterfest for some classic STL fun! As always, snap some pics and tag us @GatewayArchSTL and @GatewayArchPark, and we’ll share our favorites! Be sure to hashtag #ArchWinterfest!