Your Memorial Day Weekend Checklist
27 May 2016
With arrival of Memorial Day weekend, it’s safe to say that SUMMER IS FINALLY HERE! We’ve compiled a bucket list of holiday fun with the Arch, Old Courthouse and Riverboats so you don’t have to:
- Learn about the westernmost battle of the Revolutionary War at the Battle of St. Louis Commemoration event, presented by the National Park Service in Luther Ely Smith Square in Downtown St. Louis. From 10 am to 4 pm, observe musket- and cannon-firing demonstrations, and learn how the town’s defenses were employed during this historic battle. Free and open to the public.
- Take a ranger-led courtroom tour at the Old Courthouse, offered all day, every day. Free and open to the public.
- Enjoy a Skyline Dinner Cruise on the Gateway Arch Riverboats either Friday or Saturday night, where you can enjoy live music and a delicious buffet dinner. Oh, and did we mention alongside an illuminated view of Downtown St. Louis? Reservations are required for this cruise.
- Or, if a daytime cruise is more your style, take a Sightseeing Cruise, offered every day. Get tickets for all cruises online at www.gatewayarch.com/buytickets.
- Stop by the brand-new Arch Store, located in the Arch Visitor Center!
- Cheer on the Saint Louis Football Club as they battle Rio Grande Valley FC on Sunday, May 29 at 7:30 p.m. at the WWT Soccer Park. The Gateway Arch is the presenting sponsor of this match.
- Get a special “Kicks and a Cruise” ticket pack exclusively for this game: 4 East Reserve tickets and 4 Gateway Arch Riverboat Sightseeing Cruise tickets, a value of $160, for only $100 to celebrate 100 years of the National Park Service! Click here to purchase this pack.
- If you’re at the game, you have a chance to win a ‘monumental’ basket full of Arch and STLFC swag, including: Arch tram and Gateway Arch Riverboat tickets, Arch gifts, an STLFC jersey and much more! Just head to the Gateway Arch booth at WWT Soccer Park to get a FREE raffle ticket before the start of the game. The winner will be announced at halftime.
Have a great holiday weekend!