- This event has passed.
Grand Opening of the New Museum and Visitor Center!
You’re cordially invited to the grand opening of the new Gateway Arch National Park experience on Tuesday, July 3, when we cut the ribbon on the Museum at the Gateway Arch! Join us in celebrating this momentous occasion with an entire week of parties, live music and fun.
Tuesday, July 3: Museum and Visitor Center Ribbon Cutting Event
10 a.m.: Grand opening ceremony and ribbon cutting at the new West Entrance to the Museum and Visitor Center at the Gateway Arch.
- The ribbon cutting will feature remarks from the National Park Service and the Gateway Arch Park Foundation. St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith will serve as master of ceremonies while local, state and national dignitaries will also be in attendance to commemorate the project completion. The national anthem will be sung by St. Louisan Charles Glenn.
- The #YourArch community photo mosaic, which features photos submitted by Arch visitors throughout its nearly 53 year history, will be unveiled to the public in a special video montage.
- If inclement weather occurs, the ribbon cutting ceremony will take place inside the Arch Visitor Center.
Noon: Museum at the Gateway Arch opens to the public.
- Visitors to the Museum at the Gateway Arch will receive a special-edition, grand opening commemorative coin (available to the first 10,000 visitors).
Tuesday, July 3: Grand Opening Celebration in the North Gateway
11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Free, outdoor community celebration for all ages in the North Gateway, near the Eads Bridge.
- Following the grand opening ribbon cutting ceremony, the Normandy High School Marching Band will lead a public procession from the new West Entrance to the North Gateway for the family-friendly party.
- Activities include:
- Live music from Boogie Chyld
- Food trucks and drink vendors
- Appearances by Fredbird and Louie
- Scavenger hunt throughout Gateway Arch National Park
- Photo booth
- Face painters, caricature artists and oversized lawn games
- Free commemorative cookies for the first 1,000 guests
- Event attendees will receive a special-edition, grand opening commemorative coin (limited quantities)