Gateway Arch Ticketing & Visitor Center at the Old Courthouse
11 North 4th Street, St. Louis, MO 63102
Summer (Saturday before Memorial Day – Labor Day), Daily, 8am–10pm*
Winter (Tuesday after Labor Day – Friday before Memorial Day) Daily, 9am–6pm*
Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.
*Last tram leaves approximately 1 hour prior to closing.
Please note that throughout construction:
- Capacity of the entire Gateway Arch facility will be limited. EACH guest planning to enter the Gateway Arch will be required to have EITHER a Journey to the Top ticket OR an Arch Entry-Only ticket to be allowed access to the facility. Each guest age 16 or older planning to enter the Gateway Arch will be required to pay a $3 National Park Service fee, which is included in the price of these tickets.
- A Journey to the Top ticket includes the tram ride to the top as well as the documentary film, Monument to the Dream (based on availability). For guests NOT wanting to ride the tram to the Top of the Arch, the Arch Entry-Only ticket allows access to the Gateway Arch facility and admission to the documentary film (based on availability). The Arch Museum Store and Levee Mercantile, located inside the Arch lobby, are open as well and have Arch, St. Louis, and westward expansion-themed gifts for any age.
- Click here to view the current pricing chart.
Purchase tickets in advance online or through the Gateway Arch Call Center at 877-982-1410. When purchasing tickets online, print your confirmation and bring it to your first activity. For reservations made through the Call Center, you may pick tickets up at the Will Call window in the Ticketing and Visitor Center, located in the Old Courthouse at 11 North 4th Street, St. Louis, MO 63102. For tickets on the day of your visit, call 877-982-1410 with 2-hours advance notice (Monday–Friday 9am–5pm CST/CDT) or purchase tickets in-person at the Gateway Arch Ticketing and Visitor Center located in the Old Courthouse.
- Allow 45–60 minutes for your Journey to the Top.
- For tickets purchased in advance either online or through the Call Center, please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tram time to allow for security checks.
- If buying or picking up tickets at the Ticketing and Visitor Center in the Old Courthouse, allow an additional 15 minutes to walk from the Ticketing and Visitor Center at the Old Courthouse to the Arch.
- Please note that The Museum of Westward Expansion will be unavailable. Educational programs and relocated exhibits about westward expansion are available at the Old Courthouse, while the new museum and visitor center are under construction.
- Get more details to help plan your trip here.
- Transit: (MetroLink) Use the 8th & Pine Station.
The Journey to the Top of the Gateway Arch is not fully accessible for guests with mobility impairments, as no wheelchairs, scooters or strollers are permitted on the Observation Deck. To reach the top and return, you must be able to manage at least 96 steps, divided into six flights, and you may need to stand for 30–60 minutes. No seating or restrooms are located at the top of the Arch. Sign language interpretation for live programs is available by calling 314-655-1614 with one week’s advanced notice.
Due to security measures at the Gateway Arch, all visitors to the Arch must pass through an airport style security checkpoint. No weapons--including firearms, knives, pepper spray, mace, or electronic weapons--are allowed. If you have pre-purchased your tram ticket, please arrive at least 30 minutes before your tram time.