Travel to the Gateway Arch easily through a variety of transportation and parking options. As part of the CityArchRiver 2015 project celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Arch, the Arch grounds and Jefferson National Expansion Memorial are currently under construction.
Drive | Determine which exit to take from each interstate, and where to park in downtown St. Louis. Please note that there is no dedicated parking for the Gateway Arch.
Walk | Find the easiest route by foot.
Ride Public Transit | Take public transportation.
Bus Directions and Parking | Travel via school or tour bus.
- Leonor K Sullivan Blvd access is restricted from 8pm – 6am every Friday, Saturday & Sunday evening. During these times, levee parking and access to the Gateway Arch Riverboats is only available from the NORTH via Laclede’s Landing Blvd., Carr or Biddle Streets. CLICK HERE FOR DETOUR DIRECTIONS.
- Walnut Street is open to two-way traffic from Memorial Drive to 8th street.
- Memorial Drive northbound between Walnut Street and Washington Avenue is permanently closed.
- From Interstate 44 East depressed lanes, Exit 292 is now open, for access to downtown parking.
- Washington Avenue between Memorial Drive and Leonor K. Sullivan Boulevard is permanently closed.
Please allow extra time and check the following sources to save time:
Missouri Department of Transportation Weekly Updates
Missouri Department of Transportation’s Traveler Information Map
For additional information or assistance, contact our Call Center at 877-982-1410:
Summer (Memorial Day weekend–Labor Day weekend), Monday–Saturday, 8am–8pm and Sunday, 8am–6pm
Winter (Labor Day weekend–Memorial Day weekend), Daily, 9am–5pm Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.